Ted Peter’s Famous Smoked Fish Spread
This sunset staple was featured on Food Network’s Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. (Recipe courtesy of Scripps Networks, LLC)
• 12 ounces smoked trout, boneless and skinless
• 1⁄2 cup sweet relish
• 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
• 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
• 1⁄4 cup celery, minced
• Kosher salt
• Fresh ground black pepper
• Hot sauce
1 Flake the fish into pieces.
2 Mix all the ingredients for the sauce together in a medium bowl.
3 Gently mix the fish into the sauce and combine well to make an even spread.
4 Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5 Transfer to a serving dish or ramekin and fluff fish with fork.
6 To eat, spread fish on top of the saltine crackers with several drops of hot sauce. Enjoy!
Wax Family “Never Fail” Egg Souffle
Ingredients • 6 eggs
• 10 slices white bread, crusts removed (I cut into cubes so it will fit in blender)
• 1/2 pound Velveeta cheese (any flavor or type)
• 3 tablespoons sharp cheddar
• 1 cup milk
• 1/4 pound margarine (1 stick)
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
• Melt butter and cheese in microwave (cut up in cubes for easier melting).
• Beat eggs and milk in blender. Add bread to mixture and blend.
• I usually add the melted cheese and butter to the blender then, plus the baking powder, and blend smooth.
• Spray casserole dish with butter flavored non-stick spray. Pour mixture into casserole. Bake uncovered for 1 hour. (Unless it needs to be fancy, I use the disposable aluminum foil casseroles!)
Note: You can mix ahead, wrap well, and freeze. Just make sure it’s at room temperature again (and give it a last stir) before you put it in oven.
You can also mix ahead and refrigerate overnight for baking the next day.
•A lot of them.
Directions: Go to store. Buy industrial size bag of puffy cheesy snack without which character Avery Lawford believes life simply isn’t worth living. (Two to three smaller bags combined will do.) Pour into large bowl and consume.